A Service Worker First Release
I ‘ve been experimenting for some time with progressive web apps and service workers. I know I am not the first one not even have the best implementation (google has already built a collection of tools for service workers), but this works and I am happy about it.
I just wanted to say that you can read the posts you have visited while you have internet connection available, when you are offline.
But what’s next?
- ✔ Observe update issues with current service worker setup.
- Implement better caching strategy for pages.
- Fix a bug on mobile devices that offline fallback page doesn’t get retrieved.
- Maybe write a post about this experience and issues I’ve dealt with.
- Implement offline google analytics.
- ✔ Maybe create a manifest file.
- ✔ Check score with google’s Lighthouse (100 / 100).